CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Leaving

Joe, the kids and I went to the MTC yesterday with Josh. I wondered how our kids would do saying goodbye to Josh. The kids all gave him a great big hug and Jared did well, until Josh left and we walked out the door and also said goodbye to Jon, Ruth and Jeffrey (they left right away to move to Texas). Jared started crying and Joe asked, “What’s wrong buddy?” Jared said how hard it was to say goodbye to Josh, and then Jon, Ruth and Jeffrey, and that he missed his Uncle Jake, too. Jared then said, "In the car, on the way home, and probably all afternoon at home, I think I’m just going to cry.” Jared also said how he wished he was born when Josh was so he could go to the West Indies with Josh. We'll miss living close to our family, but we know that we'll always be close.

Five of my favorite memories with my family:
1. Playing Rockband (thank you Josh)
2. Rummy -- I had to beat you last time just so you can look forward to winning the next time we play, maybe.
3. Playing in the snow: sledding, snowmobiling, and skiing
4. Waterskiing at Ririe Reservoir
5. Our trip to Disneyland

Our kids love Josh

Jon, Ruth and Jeffrey with our kids in the snow cave they built in February.

0 comments: