CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jewkes Family Reunion

We enjoyed seeing our family at the Jewkes Family Reunion held at Heber Valley Camp: We climbed up, swung on, and went through ropes at a challenge course; paddled boats; watched the kid’s jump rope; celebrated two upcoming marriages with a girl’s night/surprise shower; listened to touching and funny family stories; and had a great FHE. We loved it!

For our first ropes challenge, Jared tree-climbed 30 feet


wrapped his arm around the tree trunk and hooked two carabiners to a wire (with one hand!)

wobbled 20 feet across a tight rope connected to another tree

He looks a little worried
and then rappelled down to solid ground

I went next. When I finished, Jared asked me if I got scared. I said, "Yes." “Me, too,” he replied. I’m proud of my brave boy.

3 comments:

Kent said...

That looks awesome! If you need an adopted brother for any future family events please let me know!

TheWhettenFamilia said...

Looks like you guys are having a great and fun summer! Your blog is super cute! Are you guys coming up this next week?

Mo said...

Woa! Go Jared, you're braver than me.