CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Rachel's Conversation With Jake

The other day Rachel answered the phone for me so I could finish reading a story to Brock. I listened to her answer the phone and heard her squeal: “Jake,” as she ran up the steps to her bedroom. I couldn’t believe we got a call from Joe’s brother Jake in Iraq. I figured Rachel would soon bring the phone to me so I didn’t mind her taking a minute to talk to her Uncle and brag about how Brock had on his “Big Boy Underpants.” She soon brought the phone to me and I felt puzzled when she told me Jake would call Dad at work and that he’d hung up without saying hello to me.

Joe called me a few minutes later to tell me he just got an interesting phone call. Jake from Jake’s Automotive, the place we took our car to be checked out, had just called to let Joe know what work needed to be done on our car. Jake also mentioned that he called our house and spoke to our daughter before telling Joe, “You must know someone special named Jake. I think your daughter really loves him. Congratulations on those Big Boy Underpants.”

2 comments:

Xena said...

That is a very funny story! Yes, congrats on those big boy underpants!

Mo said...

Oh, it's just as funny the second time around. You really should send it in to Readers Digest, it's just hilarious.